The upgrading process is similar to installation, just replace any existing MagetSync folders and files and refresh cache. Step by step instructions are found below.
- Before uploading MagetSync to your server, make sure the Magento Cache is enabled.
- If Compilation is being used, please disable it temporarily.
- Unzip the MagetSync archive and drag all its content into your Magento root folder. Respecting the existing structure. (Selecting all folders and dragging and dropping will work just fine, as this will merge the new content with the existing folders on your server). Make sure you replace all existing MagetSync files and folders. Your FTP client should inform you if there were any errors in transfer.
System > Cache Management. [Select All] and Flush Magento Cache.
- Visit your Magento admin area and refresh the Magento cache.
- MagetSync will start upgrading
- If new sections have been added to the module you might need to log out from your admin area before you’re able to access them. If not, you will see a 404 error.
- Test thoroughly
- Enjoy your new MagetSync version
Important Note when upgrading to version 2017.02
After version 2017.02 has been installed - it's necessary to fetch the latest Etsy's taxonomies. This is done from MagetSync Configuration > Listings Manager Options (Left Tab) > Under 'General Configuration' you'll see a button to fetch taxonomies. Click on it and this should update to the latest available Etsy taxonomies.
If at any moment your categories don't match what's on the Etsy website, another taxonomy update is necessary.